How to plan an affordable family holiday
25 / October / 2021
Christmas is quickly approaching and for many, it’s time to begin gift shopping which can be expensive. So, with that in mind we put together a few ideas on how to book an affordable holiday this season, because nothing is more important than quality family time!
Here’s a few tips for planning affordable and fun holidays in Dorset & Cornwall:
- Look for holiday deals – you may need to be a bit more flexible, but you can certainly still go away and have a lovely time, even on a budget. Sign up to our newsletter (scroll down to the bottom of our website!) and check out our offers page regularly to find the best deals across our parks. Whether you are looking for Cornwall caravan holidays, or fancy staying in a Safari lodge at Waterside, you’ll be sure to find a great deal.
- Consider a staycation! By staying relatively local to home, you will not only save money on fuel, but also on expensive service station snacks and over-priced attractions. When you book one of our Cornwall or Dorset caravan holidays, you will have free access to all of our facilities, from our heated swimming pools and gym, to live entertainment and high-speed Wi-Fi, suitable for streaming!
- Book a self catering accommodation! All of our holiday homes come with fully equipped kitchens and cozy family areas, so why not get your chef’s hat on and cook meals together as a family? This will not only save you money on expensive takeaways and meals out, but it is also a great way to spend some quality family time. Why not enjoy an English breakfast on the veranda, or share a roast dinner around the table?
- Book in advance – this should save you some serious pennies. Check out our availability for upcoming holidays in Cornwall at our Tregoad Holiday Park. Or for trips to the Jurassic Coast, have a look at our Chesil Vista, Waterside and Osmington holiday parks. 2022 bookings now available!
- Day trips don’t have to burn a hole in your pocket, especially since the South-West is overflowing with FREE natural attractions. Pack a picnic and take the family on an adventure to explore some of the Jurassic Coast beautiful beaches, from Weymouth Beach to West Bay. Or if you’re visiting Cornwall, a trip to Looe beach and Polperroare a must (and only a short drive from Tregoad)!
Check out our Instagram guides for more holiday inspiration @watersideholidaygroup