At Waterside Holiday Park we are committed to providing accessible facilities and accommodation to everyone. Periodic reviews of the park are carried out so that we can continually assess what we are offering and make changes where necessary. Please find listed below specific points we feel will help you make an informed choice about your ideal holiday destination.
- The park has static holiday homes and privately owned static holiday homes for letting. The holiday homes normally have 3 steps with handrail access, but we do have a minimum of 5 units specifically for wheelchair users or guests with walking difficulties that have ramp access.
- Reception is able to help you make an informed choice about which caravan holiday home would best suit your needs, the area of the park which would be most suitable, and will be able to advise you on access to all of our facilities.
- All caravan holiday homes have parking next to them for one car.
- Assistance dogs are very welcome and we have an allocated exercise area for them.
- Waterside Holiday Park is level with tarmac roads incorporating an occasional speed bump. In the interests of safety a 10mph speed limit is in force.
- All of the facilities are one or two story buildings, which have a level entrance or ramp access into them. Where a facility is on two levels a lift has been installed. These facilities include the Sports Bar and the Gymnasium in the Leisure Complex. There is also lift access for wheelchair users to the outside swimming pool and terrace.
- Reception and the Sports Bar have a shared disabled toilet which is accessed by use of a key. This can be obtained from Reception.
- The Leisure Complex has ramp access. There is a disabled changing room and toilet within the complex and the showers are accessible. There is a hoist available within the leisure complex.
- The sauna, steam room and gym are fully accessible to wheelchair users.
- The Spa has limited access available for wheelchair users and is dependant on treatment required. Access to the hydrotherapy pool is available for manual wheelchair users, however there is no hoist to assist when getting into the pool. Please check when booking.
- There is a well stocked shop on the park which has ramp access and is wheelchair friendly.
- The takeaway is easily accessed and wheelchair friendly.
- The restaurant has ramp access and a disabled toilet.
- The diner is situated in the Sports bar and is accessible by using the lift in the Reception foyer.
- A launderette is available on the park with ramp access. Tokens for the machines are available from reception. Should it be required, service washes can be arranged with reception and our housekeeping department.
- A hire service is available on the park and they include the hire of wheelchairs should one be required.
- Free wi-fi internet access is available across the park in all accommodation and facilities.
- Reception is open daily until 6pm (off peak) / 8pm (peak) for all enquiries or assistance with any aspect of your holiday. Upon arrival you will also be given a park guide, which includes a map showing facility locations. This guide also includes emergency numbers for security, doctors and hospitals.
- Public telephones are just outside the park in Bowleaze Coveway. For mobile telephones reception is good on all areas of the park.
- The park is located in a residential area with access to public roads, public footpaths, bridle ways, cycle routes and a shingle beach.
- The park is serviced by First National Bus Service, which runs buses into Weymouth every 30 minutes. There are several bus stops inside the park enabling you to disembark close to your caravan.
- Buses have disabled access for manual wheelchair users or single pushchairs, however Reception are happy to call for a taxi for you, should one be required. Taxi fare into Weymouth is approximately £7.
Should you require assistance at any time during your holiday, any member of staff will be very happy to help.
Last updated February 2021