At Chesil Vista Holiday Park we are committed to providing accessible facilities and accommodation to everyone. Periodic reviews of the park are carried out so that we can continually assess what we are offering and make changes where necessary. Please find listed below specific points we feel will help you make an informed choice about your ideal holiday destination.
- The park has static holiday homes and apartments for letting as well as privately owned static holiday homes. The holiday homes normally have 3 steps with handrail access, but we do have 3 units specifically used for wheelchair users or guests with walking difficulties that have ramp access. Our apartments are accessed up 2 flights of steps.
- Reception is able to help you make an informed choice about which caravan holiday home would best suit your needs, the area of the park which would be most suitable, and will be able to advise you on access to all of our facilities.
- All caravan holiday homes have parking next to them for one car, with the apartments having allocated parking underneath them.
- Assistance dogs are very welcome and we have an allocated exercise area for them.
- Chesil Vista Holiday Park is level with tarmac roads incorporating an occasional speed bump. In the interests of safety a 5mph speed limit is in force.
- All of the facilities are single story buildings, which have a level entrance or ramp access into them.
- The Venue has a disabled toilet which opens with the use of a Rada key. This can be obtained from the Venue bar if you do not have one.
- The Leisure Complex is accessed through the front door and there is ramp access to the main swimming pool and changing area. There is a disabled changing room and toilet within the complex and the showers are accessible, although there is a small lip to step over. There is no hoist available within the Leisure Complex.
- The sauna and gym are fully accessible to wheelchair users.
- There is a well stocked shop on the park which has a level access way and is wheelchair friendly.
- The Diner is easily accessed and is wheelchair friendly.
- A launderette is available on the park with level access. Change for the machines is always available from Reception. Should it be required, service washes can be arranged with Reception and our Housekeeping department.
- A hire service is available on the park and they include the hire of wheelchairs should one be required.
- Wi-fi internet access is available throughout the park for guests wishing to bring their own lap top computers. Passes can be purchased from Reception.
- Reception is open daily until 10pm for all enquiries or assistance with any aspect of your holiday. Upon arrival you will be given a park guide, which includes a map showing facility locations. This guide also includes emergency numbers for security, doctors and hospitals.
- A public telephone is located on the park and is situated by the adventure play area. For mobile telephones reception is good on all areas of the park.
- The park is located in a residential area with access to public roads, public footpaths, bridle ways and cycle routes.
- The park is serviced by a bus service with the nearest stop being just outside the entrance to the park. Buses run to the main town centre approximately every 10 minutes.
- Weymouth town centre and train station is approximately 4 miles away, with both being serviced by taxis that are wheelchair friendly.
- Should you require assistance at any time during your holiday, any member of staff will be very happy to help.
Last updated January 2016