12 Ways To Explore Dorset This Easter
Fossil hunting at the seaside, breath-taking views of the coast and countryside - Dorset is a beautiful place for Easter escapades with your family.
Kids of all ages can hunt for chocolate eggs and enjoy Easter activities all around the stunning Jurassic Coast.
1) The Giant Easter Egg Hunt is taking place at Abbotsbury Subtropical Gardens – just a bunny hop away from Chesil Vista Holiday Park. Win fluffy bunnies and giant eggs, plus bouncy castle, magic shows and face painting.
2) Inspired by Alice In Wonderland, Easter activities at the fairy-tale Lulworth Castle include white rabbits, the Mad Hatter, egg hunts, crazy golf and soft play.
3) Feeling brave? The Easter Great Dinosaur Egg Hunt is happening all through the school holidays at the Dinosaur Museum in Dorchester. Children who crack the code and solve the dinosaur mystery are rewarded with a special certificate.
4) Meet baby animals and the Easter Bunny at the Spring into Easter Egg Hunts and Events at Farmer Palmers. Egg hunts start at 2.40pm in the field at the end of the outdoor animal pens.
5) Monkey World Ape Rescue Centre is hosting an Easter Eggstravaganza, with the first 100 children to enter the park winning a chocolate egg each day of the Bank Holidays.
6) TV celebrities star in the Easter Panto at Weymouth Pavilion. Join Britain’s Got Talent winner George Sampson as Robin Hood and Dani Harmer from Tracy Beaker as Maid Marian for an arrow-slinging adventure.
7) Learn bush craft or tackle high ropes at Easter Outdoor Adventure Days at Kingston Maurward. There’s also canoeing, kayaking, climbing, archery, orienteering, mountain biking and abseiling.
8) Hop over to Studland Beach for spring time. Follow the clues around the nature reserve through Bunny’s eyes, and don’t forget to collect your sweet treat at the end!
9) Head to Stonebarrow Hill on the Golden Cap Estate. Stroll in the beautiful countryside and take in the amazing sea views, before claiming your Easter prize.
11) Prefer to pack a picnic and wander through the bluebells? Kingston Lacy, a stately home in Wimborne Minster, has over two miles of woodlands carpeted with bluebells, which burst into bloom from mid-April.
12) Waterside Holiday Park & Spa, at Bowleaze Cove in Weymouth, and Chesil Vista Holiday Park, overlooking Jurassic Coast jewel, Chesil Beach, are the perfect bases for families to explore Dorset. Easter breaks start from £255 at Chesil Vista and £371 at Waterside. The Easter Bunny visits us twice, on April 9 and April 16, and there are still availabilities if you would like to book your holiday now. Happy Easter!